What is a Rescue Job?
It’s not deliberate. You had good intentions. Time runs away from you because you are busy running a business. Before you know it, it’s BAS time AGAIN and you know you’re going to have to spend the weekend getting it done.
Or maybe you had someone who you thought you could trust but got it all wrong because of their inexperience.
Over time the problem becomes so big that:
- It has taken over your office
- It keeps you awake at night
- You don’t know where to start
- You’re fearful that the ATO will call
- You have no idea how much tax or GST you owe
- You are completely in the dark
What’s the good news?
The good news is we can help because our team of highly skilled and dedicated bookkeepers who use the Pure Bookkeeping System to empower business owners in their financial matters, removing confusion, fear and uncertainty and replacing it with clarity, freedom and control. Since every “Rescue Job” is as individual as you are we can’t say exactly what we need to do to clean it up and get you up to date or how long it will take. When you book a Business Health Check we will explain to you what the problems are and what needs to happen to transform your data file into a source that provides you with reliable information.
Bookkeeping issues to be aware of:
Some of the issues we will address are:
- Bank Accounts or Credit Cards that don’t reconcile with the statements
- Old unpresented transactions in the Bank Account or Credit Card
- Trade Debtors and Trade Creditors don’t balance with the Balance Sheet
- The Trade Debtors and Trade Creditors aren’t “real” ie. outstanding invoices and bills have already been paid but still showing as outstanding
- Incorrect previously lodged BAS’
- Payroll Categories that are incorrectly set up giving you:
- Incorrect information in Payslips
- Annual Leave and Sick Leave Accruals
- Incorrect Tax Tables, SGC Calculations and Payment Summaries
- Unreliable Inventory figures
The implications of these issues are:
- You may be paying the wrong GST, Tax and Superannuation
- You may be subject to fines and interest
- You may be making strategic business decisions based on unreliable figures with dire consequences